I am currently working as a freelance Content Author for the Rock Band Network. This is a new system created by Harmonix which allows any artist to self-publish their own music to the game and sell it on an in-game store. My role in this is to take an artist's multi-track stems and construct game content around them. This includes:
- Transcribing the stems of the Guitar, Bass, Drum and Vocal parts.
- Crafting gameplay that accurately represents these transcriptions, while being confined to the hardware limitations.
- Mixing / producing the stems for use in the game.
- Creating hand-animations and cueing body animations for characters in game.
- Directing the lighting cues and camera cuts - essentially producing a music video to go along with the song.
I also like to write and author songs specifically for the game, providing challenges for the hard-core community. I have gained notoriety as an author in the game - with my own song Trippolette currently in the top-ten best sellers on the Rock Band Network.
Any potential clients who are interested in selling their music in-game can reach me at email@example.com. Included below are samples of my work.
Trippolette is a song of mine which was first included in the original Guitar Hero video game, yet was only accessible via a cheat device. It garnered an underground following due to it's mind-numbing difficulty and exclusive nature. More information about Trippolette can be found on my Trippolette page.